How Film-Com Gets Things Done
Tennessee-based Film-Com is an annual packaging, financing and distribution market that connects filmmakers and their new projects to domestic and foreign distribution companies. Now in its fifth year, it also connects the parties to P&A capital, banks, gap financing, co-production partners, packaging agents and product integration specialists.
This year’s Film-Com business market is in Nashville from June 17-20. The Memphis & Shelby County Film and Television Commission is teaming with Fuel Film to encourage those interested in film marketing to attend. For information on the events, go here.
Tricia Montgomery, Founder and President of K9 Fit Club, credits Film-Com with great things happening.
K9 Fit Club made a presentation at Film-Com in 2012 where Montgomery met Collin Reno of William Morris Endeavor Entertainment. As a result, the K9 Fit Club show is now under contract with Collin, who in turn has placed her in contact with many others, including David Broome (“The Biggest Loser”) Rachel Ray and Jon Rosen. She has consulted with Broome on a proposed project.
Montgomery also says:
• We are working with Seth Willenson (who we met at Film-Com through Mitchell Galin) on several items including filming produced segments, and an infotainment series. We will be filming beginning July/August 2014 on transformation and inspirational stories of people whose lives have been transformed by their best friends (their dogs!)
• K9 Fit Club will be featured in a two-part episode of the show “Lucky Dog” on CBS
• We have had much National and Regional attention. This includes Today Show (x3), Good Morning America, CNBC, FOX Business, Washington Post, NPR, USA Today, the Associated Press and more. I am currently a correspondent for FOX and known nationally as the Human/Canine Fitness Expert.
• We were featured in the Pet Wellness Supplement in the Washington Post and Media Planet/USA Today. I am featured with Rachel Ray, Beth Stern and Jackson Galaxy (Animal Planet – My Cat from Hell), discussing the role dogs play in our lives for fitness and wellness and a transformational story.
• We are part of the “Peabody” the DVD launch, promotion tour in LA. We will be teaching K9 Fit Club classes to 500 children with the “Peabody” dogs and teaching them about health, fitness and wellness.
• We currently have 10 K9 Fit Clubs across the country. Tomorrow we open the very first Online Education System for Human/Canine Fitness for anyone who wants to be certified in K9 Fit Club.
• We are working with a major player in the gaming/entertainment industry and launching a unique, first of its kind, gadget.
• We are launching a shelter project, where humane associations and animal shelters across the country will have access to K9 Fit Clubs programs.
• We are working with University of Tennessee on creating the first standardized Human/Canine Fitness Program
• And much much more.